Having been in the IT industry for over 15 years, I have seen the importance of certifications take a more prominent role in IT and all aspects of business. Below you will find a quick list of benefits that IT training and certifications have for individuals and businesses.
Benefits of IT Certification for Individuals:
- IT certifications make you stand apart from competing candidates in a competitive job market.
- Earning the latest IT certifications proves your skills are current in a rapidly changing field.
- Certified technology professionals earn higher salaries than their non-certified counterparts.
- Certified IT professionals earn respect and credibility among colleagues and employers.
- Independent consultants and analysts can leverage certifications to win new business.
- 40% of certified pros credit IT certifications for helping them land a job or promotion.
- Committing the time and resources to get certified proves your dedication to your IT career.
- Certified professionals gain access to a global community of like-mined professionals.
- IT certification increases your career options; some companies, and even certain industries,
such as the opportunity-rich Government IT sector, only hire certified professionals.
Benefits of IT Certification for Businesses:
- 75% of IT Managers believe certifications are important to team performance.
- Companies can use IT certifications to invest in and promote their most promising employees.
- IT certifications allow businesses to quickly assess candidate skill level and find the right person for the job.